Feminists for Life's Tools for Schools
Since 1994, Feminists for Life’s College Outreach Program has been advocating practical solutions so that pregnant and parenting students will not feel forced to terminate their education because they lack resources and support.
More than 14 years ago, FFL moderated the first-ever FFL Pregnancy Resources ForumSM at Georgetown University, facilitating an open and non-confrontational discussion with a panel of key stakeholders to identify and evaluate available resources on and off campus.
Feminists for Life can help you challenge the status quo by giving you the tools you need.
- Conduct a needs assessment through FFL’s Pregnancy and Parenting Resource SurveySM. (We invite you to take the survey online and update your record in our new National Directory of Campus Resources at http://feministsforlife.org/campusresources).
- Determine priorities for improving resources such as housing, childcare, and maternity coverage by moderating a panel of administrators, staff, and off-campus resource providers at an FFL Pregnancy Resources Forum.
- Perform an annual assessment of how the school succeeds in meeting the needs of pregnant and parenting students and birthmothers.
- Establish policies that codify support for pregnant women, parents, and birthmothers including leave and flexible or alternative academic scheduling such as telecommuting.
- Create a central place on campus that can refer across departments (health services, psychological and counseling services, financial aid, residential life, etc.).
- Identify off-campus services that provide resources such as maternity and baby clothes, formula, etc.
- Improve access to resources and support for housing, childcare, and healthcare, and disseminate information about child support, including fathers’ rights and responsibilities.
- Provide FFL’s "Raising Kids on a Shoestring" to pregnant and parenting students and counselors. This comprehensive, national guide to free and frugal resources for pregnant women, parents, and birthmothers has received kudos from a broad spectrum of women’s activists, family advocates, direct service providers, and campus leaders.
Feminists for Life can help you challenge the status quo and create positive change on campus for pregnant and parenting students. There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you combine FFL’s Tools for Schools with all these other resources FFL has to offer!
- Join our free e-list for college leaders for special updates, news and free resources for student leaders! Please let us know if you would like to be added!
- Join our Facebook page to stay connected! Be sure to share our page with your friends!
- Request FFL's free Online Student Activism Kit, full of resources to help you get started
- Request a free "FFL Grow Your Group" kit, full of resources to help you get a club up and running!
- Host a "Rally for Resources", an event designed to raise awareness for pregnant and parenting resources
- FFL Video Nights- Looking for a low cost idea for an event? Watch FFL’s remarkable pro-life speakers on YouTube and host a live on-line chat with our speaker of the month. Pass some popcorn and show your campus how Women Deserve Better than Abortion®. Contact Coordinator@FFLonCampus.org with your date so that we can get you materials and a speaker.
- FREE Babysitting Service Start-up Materials: We love moms and children AFTER they are born, too! Now FFL have the materials to help you start a volunteer babysitting service to support the student parents on your campus. Use our sample brochure and forms to start your group. Request them by sending an email to Coordinator@FFLonCampus.org
As always, let us know how we can help you on your campus become a catalyst for lasting change!